Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Entering the 21st Centry

Alright. So I finally have a blog. I have entered the 21st century. About 7 years later but better late than never. For someone reading this that doesn't know me, my name is Maureen Ehrlich and I am a Peace Corps Volunteer in Romania. Right now, I teach English at two middle schools in Alba Iulia. Alba Iulia is located in the center of Transylvania. And no I haven't seen a vampire. Yet.
I been living in Alba Iulia for a year now. It was really hard at first ( more on that in later posts) but for now everything is ok. I have a Romanian boyfriend named Mihai. He is a student at the University of Alba Iulia.
I am looking forward to the end of school because I get to go on vacation to Turkey and Greece for 3 weeks with my family. I can't wait to see them. It's so strange. I haven't given my mom or dad a hug for a year! I just want to be a kid again and let mom and dad take me everywhere and pay for everything. It sounds childish I know but I miss the feeling of being taken care of.

No comments: